This website supports women who have undergone a pregnancy termination due to a poor prenatal diagnosis, problems
with their own health, or for the health of another fetus (selective reduction).
Please check our information section for links to books,
videos, support groups and
memorial ideas. We also have a downloadable
Brochure available. If you have questions or would like assistnce with
finding resources, please contact us.
If you learn that something is seriously or fatally wrong with your developing fetus, you are faced with making a difficult decision. If you
choose to have an abortion, please call the NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 for assistance finding a provider (no funding assistance
provided on this line). For information about abortion and other resources, including financial assistance, please call 1-800-772-9100.
National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Counseling to promote informed choices and adaptation to the risk or condition.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
- We transform health through genetics. We promote an environment of openness centered on the health of individuals, families, and communities.
March of Dimes
- Working together for stronger, healthier babies.
National Abortion Federation
- (NAF) is the professional association of abortion providers in North America.
- Your Resource for Infertility Information.
A Word To Our Visitors
For those of you who have come here for support, we are sorry this note has to be written. As stated above, this is a site for parents who have
made the decision to end a much-wanted pregnancy due to severe or lethal birth defects. As we reach out to those parents, we also get site visitors
who have not been through this tragedy. We would like to remind those people that this is a site for grieving parents, not for debate.
The Administrators of A Heartbreaking Choice
We'd like to extend a special thank you to Maribeth Wilder-Doerr, who made this website and its extended network of support possible. This
creation began in her heart ... and all the parents who have benefited from her care will be forever grateful.